Chocolate avocado mouse and cat pictures Part 1

Killer post, right? Daily dose of chocolate and (hopefully) cute cats.

My forays into aquafaba experiments have led me to make effortlessly eggless cookies, several not half-bad brownies, and lately, greatly improved vegan chocolate mousse. I'm sure if you've ever compared vegan mousse to the stuff made with oodles of cream and eggs, you may have lamented that it is nigh impossible to create the rich airy fluff without the eggs.

Not anymore, my friends. Not with aquafaba to be your egg-white saviour!
(I just wanna saaaaaave yooouuuuuu whoa-oa whao-ao).

Chocolate Mousse

Ingredients:
1 reed avocado
1/4-1/3 cup cacao (you could use my cocoa nib blend here)
1/4 cup brown rice syrup
pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
optional: a few squares dark chocolate, melted

5 tbsp aquafaba (I used cannelini aquafaba)
1 tbsp maple syrup
4 tbsp erythritol/coconut sugar/ cane sugar

Instructions:
Blend avocado, cacao, syrup, salt and vanilla in a small food processor until smoothly blended. I used the small bowl of my two-bowl Magimix processor. If you wish you can blend in some extra chocolate for a richer flavour.
In a ceramic/glass/metal bowl, beat the aquafaba until it is starting to become pale and fluffy. You can add a pinch of a stabiliser (guar gum, cream of tartar etc.) to help it froth up.
Slowly, while beating on high speed, add your granulated sweetener, and mix until the crystals dissolve. Hopefully you will achieve stiff white peaks*.Beat in the maple syrup.
Carefully fold the chocolate mixture into the aquafaba until just incorporated.
Allow to set in the fridge for a few hours, and enjoy!

Poured on the chocolate mixture, where it rapidly began sinking into my fluff!

*I found that liquid from canned unsalted cannelini works the best, as it has the least beany flavour, and I like to believe, a higher protein content than chickpea aquafaba. It makes better meringue anyhow, and since the proteins do the binding.....

And consider this part 1 of the post, since the lighting today was nowhere near satisfactory to showcase the complete drawings so far, which include a "sir Neko", an attempt at photorealism, and the start of a pen and ink pic. Furthermore, some zen-tangle style art, just because I'm quite excited about that!

See you tomorrow, this little baker needs shut-eye (nawww, that made me think of that really heart-full scene from treasure planet). No, no films Max, off to bed wit' me.

Comments

Popular Posts